LIB 002: Teaching English in Brazil and the top 6 FAQ with Josh Plotkin
Teaching English in Brazil is one of the most sought after ways of earning money for foreigner coming to the country. Fortunately the need for English teachers is only increases as the economy grows, equating to too many jobs and not enough gringos to fill them!
I had the pleasure of interviewing Josh Plotkin from on this podcast and was able to pick his mind to get the best answers to the top questions that you as a foreigner want answers to.
Josh is a wonderful guy and really knowledgable about teaching English, so much in fact, that he dedicates most his time to helping you anyway possible.
To be honest, this interview was a lot of fun and I really believe that you will enjoy it!
In this Session You Will Discover
- What motivation and breaking plywood over your head have to do with each other.
- How Josh came to Brazil and what brought him to Teach English
- Great answers to the 6 FAQ about teaching English in Brazil
More specifically, Josh answers the following 6 FAQ:
- What is it like being an English teacher in Brazil?
- Can I live off of being an English teacher?
- What qualifications do I need to teach?
- Teaching at schools vs teaching private – what’s best?
- Where is the best place to teach English (city/region)?
- What is the natural next step after teaching English (career wise)?
Items Mentioned in This Podcast:
- The (parody of Gangnam style)
- Josh’s that went viral
- i-to-i Tefl programs
Help the Show
the Live in Brazil podcast is now live on iTunes! It will take a couple of days to show up in the search results, but in the meantime you can subscribe by going to this link:
If you enjoy it, I would love for you to give it a good rating and review to bring it in front of more people’s eyes on iTunes – thanks!
I hope you enjoyed this second episode of the Live in Brazil podcast and there is much more where this one came from!
Valeu – cheers
Awesome interview, thanks for having me on Kevin!
My pleasure, had a blast – let’s do it again in the near future!
BTW: still laughing about that black/white speedo thing 😀
If you are a Native Speaker who is experienced in teaching for Toefl email us.
We do need Toefl Teachers in SP and RJ.