2012 just flew by and 2013 has finally arrived and with it there have been both good and bad here on liveinbrazil.org, not to mention amazing things to come!
The beginning of a new year is a chance to reflect on those things that happened the year before and set a new plan for the coming year.
So how did 2012 go here and what’s in store for 2013?
The Bad of 2012 – My Mistakes
If you’ve been following this site since it’s initiation, you know that it’s not really all that old (6 months at the time of writing this).
With a new site comes all types of problems and growing pains.
Here are a couple of “issues” that have surfaced since starting the site:
- The comment section needs to be ironed out to allow for both Facebook and normal comments
- The layout of the site isn’t always user friendly, especially from and Ipad or mobile device.
- It needs more content and development
I’m well aware of the above issues thanks to several who have been so kind as to inform me about them, and am hard at work at making them better!
The Good of 2012
I guess the first good thing of 2012 was that this website was actually birthed.
My reason for creating the site was due to the fact that the Internet truly lacked any good “one-stop” resources for foreigners wanting to live temporary or long term in Brazil.
It is so common to have to look through tons of pages on the internet about a subject like “giving birth in Brazil” to find conflicting and incomplete answers.
So why not make it easy to save both time and money to help you have a successful and happy time in Brazil!?
Here are a few other good highlights from this past year:
- This site has had THOUSANDS of visitors in it’s short 6 month existence (wow!)
- I received several dozens of testimonies from people who were helped (my #1 goal)
- The site is beginning to feel more and more like a community, with more people joining in regularly.
What’s to Come in 2013
Having gone through the initial birthing pains of starting this site, the kinks are getting worked out and I can guarantee you that this site will improve.
Here’s some of what to expect this year:
- A podcast with A-Z on moving to and living in Brazil
- Giving the website a bit of an overhaul to make it easier to use per your feedback
- More quality blog posts and series with possible case studies
- And more TBD
Expect this site to be much more useful and helpful with a stronger sense of community in this year to come.
I hope you’re excited for what’s to come, I sure am 🙂
Before finishing this post, I have a question for you:
What would you like to see change/happen on this site in 2013?
Feel free to be critical.
Here’s to a wonderful and successful 2013 together with you!
Valeu – cheers,